For the past three years, the Brewer’s Association has created an app (for Apple and Android platforms), specifically for the Great American Beer Festival experiences. This year is no different, BUT, the app is all new and the best one we’ve used yet!
To download the app, click here.
With hundreds of breweries and thousands beers at GABF, it can be a little tricky to find what you’re looking for, or even decide where to begin. Not to worry, magical technology will help you. And you can do it all with one hand—no need to awkwardly pinch your tasting glass in your armpit or under your chin.
How does it work?
- Search or browse the brewery list, or see what’s near you by tapping on a section in the GABF Map tab.
- Find a brewery you love and add them to “My Breweries” in the My GABF tab.
- Locate them on the GABF map.
- See what beers they are serving.
- Check off the breweries you visit.
- Taste beers, take notes and enjoy!
Hey, wait a minute, there are no beers in my app!
The beer list will be released during the week of the festival. We suggest updating the app (they’ll send a push notification when it’s ready) BEFORE attending your first session.
Already have the app from last year?
Be sure to export your tasting notes before you update your app to the latest version. We suggest trying out one or many of the expert prepared festival tours by beer style. There are 20 options!
- Hopness Monsters (Hoppy beer)
- Stop Monkin’ Around (Smoky beer)
- Dark Vader (Dark, malty beer)
- Spice Spice Baby (Spiced beer)
- First Draught (Newbie Breweries to GABF)
- Surprise Me! (who knows what you will get!)
For more information about the app, visit our references below!
~Inky and Dr. B