Photo from Nicole Nichols Photography
If you did not know, today is the Denver Pride Parade! (I am really excited because I’ve never been to a large Pride parade.) So, as I will be downtown tomorrow, I hope to have a delicious craft beer as I am hanging out in Civic Center Park. I hear Miller-Coors AND Coors Light (same company, repetative?) are sponsors and although I love beer, I don’t love beer-flavored water. Hence, I will be looking for a craft beer of delicious proportions. Where can I find one?
Here is a map of the parade route (red) and 10 options for people can get a beer (see key below):
- A: Streets of London (Colfax and Humbolt) – Full bar with a Euro-punk vibe
- B: Kinga’s (Colfax and Marion) – “Denver’s only Polish lounge,” full bar featuring European Beer
- C: Charlie’s Denver (Colfax and Emerson) – country dance lessons, beer specials (not necessarily craft) and LOTS of Pride!
- D: 2Up (Colfax between Washington and Clarkson) – A geek’s heaven (arcarde AND craft beer tavern)
- E: X Bar (Colfax and Washington) – Home of $8 Beer Busts and Drag Queen Bingo!
- F: Prohibition (Colfax and Pennsylvannia) – home to the largest selection of craft beer from Colorado on Colfax
- G: Nob Hill Inn (Colfax and alley between Logan and Pennsylvannia) – “voted one of Denver’s 10 Best Juke Boxes 2013” and “one of Denver’s 5 finest Dive Bars”
H: Irish Snug (Colfax and Logan) – click here to see draught list! (Irish and American Beer)
- I: Satellite Bar (Colfax, between Grant and Logan) – features a mix of both craft and domestic beer
- J: Cheeky Monk and Lost Highway Brewing (Colfax and Grant) – all Belgian Beers, all the time (Orval anyone?)