Apocalypse Beer! Day 10 features Omens.
Beer #10 (October) is a Belgian-style Raspberry Stout at 7.2% ABV.
What are omens?
An omen (also called portent or presage) is a phenomenon that is believed to foretell the future, often signifying the advent of change. Though the word “omen” is usually devoid of reference to the change’s nature, hence being possibly either “good” or “bad,” the term is more often used in a foreboding sense, as with the word “ominous”. (Wikipedia)
[Examples of omens are] thousands of blackbirds fall from the sky in Arkansas, eyeless snapper fish swamp the beaches of New Zealand, [and] scores of Romanian starlings meet a snowy end. Eerie animal deaths have swept the globe – a sure sign to many that the apocalypse is coming. Are these deaths connected? Is a new global environmental catastrophe on the horizon or could possible secret scientific projects be to blame? (National Geographic)
Omens of the Apocalypse
What will Inky Beer Do?
Ideally, Inky and Dr. B will be able to spot omens from ever day occurrences… but we don’t think it is that easy. Instead, we will carry Holy Water in holsters on our belts and call on Saint Michael for assistance. Who will you call on?
How about getting death omen-related tattoos?
Or admiring more haunting, apocalyptic street art?
Inky Beer’s Omens of 2012, signs that the End is near (according to Pop Culture and in no particular order…)
1. Men are still wearing Skinny Jeans
2. Ohio State Buckeyes still exist
3. Rush Limbaugh can still talk
4. Honey Boo Boo Child has her own TV show
5. Taylor Swift is still making albums
6. Pat Robinson was born (member of the 700 Club, anit-gay, blamed Hurricane Sandy on homsexuality)
7. Leggings are worn as Pants. (They are NOT pants!)
8. McDonald’s is open on Christmas Day.
9. Ann Coulter should become a nun… she needs to repent for her sins against humanity.
10. Axe Body Spray replaces the need for teenagers to shower.
See you tomorrow for MORTIS (Death)! We’re getting close to the end. (or not.)