PHEW. What a night of imbibed debauchery! Dr. B and I are doing well and recovering on the couch with the kittens and a dose of Paranormal State. Oh yeah, and a ton of water… We met so many fun-loving characters last night that we’d like to share a few photos and stories with you and introduce you to our new friends that we met last night. Hope you enjoy the photos and have a great weekend!
Great American Beer Festival Photos
GABF Brewers and Entrepreneurs
Dr. B and I met Bernie Duenwald from Golden Hills Brewing Company and enjoyed some of his fine 7-70 India Pale Lager and Marzen/Oktoberfest.
We met Kenny DeKowzan (not pictured) from Deadfall Longboards, handcrafted in Colorado. We hope to be able to put together a post about Deadfall’s awesome boards again in the future!
We also met Katie Mahoney from Beer Sox, who has an amazing display of hancrafted, hand knit beer koozies for sale.
One of our most memorable stops down memory lane was to visit Mad Anthony’s Brewery, form Fort Wayne, IN. During our stop, we met Head Brewer, Jeremy Zuber (pictured above), chatted about Indiana and shared an IPA.
And, last but not least, we met Doug Riddle from Mother’s Brewing Company. Doug stated that his favorite beer that he brews is “Sandy” or “Fibber, a Belgium Wit with a single Cascade Hop, grapefruit zest in the kettle as a dry hop. It tastes dry, crisp, clean and is the ultimate end of the evening ‘scrubbing floor beer.'” I don’t know about scrubbing floors, but his beer was delicious.
Inky Beer’s Tasting List
- 10 Barrel brewing Company – Raspberry Crush Sour Ale and Apocalypse IPA
- 7 Seas Brewing – Rude Parrot IPA
- Alameda Brewing – Yellow Wolf Imperial IPA, Klickitat Pale
- Barhop Brewing – Bud the Wiser April Fools Ale, One Timer IPA
- Barley Browns Brewing – Turmoil Black IPA, Pallet Jack IPA, Forklift Double IPA
- Beer Valley – Fresh Hop Leafer Madness IPA, Jackalope Ale
- Bend Brewing – Ching Ching Sour Ale, One Loudah
- Boundary Bay – IPA, Cabin Fever Winter Warmer
- Breakside Brewing – IPA, Aztec Ale
- Cascade Lakes Brewing – Cyclops IPA
- Chuckanut Brewing – Helles Lager
- Diamond Knot Brewing – Flemish Kiss Sour, Madrone Farmhouse Ale, Bourbon Barrel Imperial Stout
- Tommyknocker Brewing – Colorado Nouveau IPA
- Figuroa Mountain – Big Cone Black IPA, Hurricane Deck DIPA, Hoppy Poppy IPA
- Henry Weinhard’s Brewing – Blue Boar Pale, Woodland Pass IPA
- Harvester Brewing – Gluten Free IPA
- Hale’s Brewing – Mongoose IPA, Supergoose IPA
- Goodlife Brewing – Descender IPA, Sweet As Pacific Ale
- Golden Hills Brewing – Marzen, 7-70 India Pale Lager
- Gigantic Brewing – IPA, Axes of Evil Pale Ale
- Full Sail Brewing – 25th Anniversary, IPA
- Fort George Brewing – Sunrise OPA, IPA
- Fish Tale Brewing – Organic IPA, Fresh Hop IPA
- Falling Sky Brewing – Juniper Rye IPA
- Elysian – Imperial Pumpkin Ale, Space Dust IPA
- Troegs Brewing – Perpetual IPA, Hop Back Amber Ale
- New Belgium – NBB Love Felix Sour Ale
- Social Brewing – Ramesgate RyePA,
- Societe Brewing – The Butcher Russian Imperial Stout
- Sonoma Springs Brewing- Enchanted Forest Black IPA, Lil’ Chief Pale Ale
- Speakeasy Brewing – Big Daddy IPA, Prohibition Ale
- Pacific Brewing Laboratory – Squid Ink IBA, Nautilus Hibiscus Saison
- Firestone Walker Brewing – Double Jack, Wookey Jack
- Bear Republic Brewing – Racer X Double IPA
- Pumphouse Brewing – Flashpoint IPA, Hooligan Double IPA, Wildland Sour #11
- Drake’s Brewing – Denogginizer Double IPA, Aroma Coma IPA
- Natty Greene’s Brewing – American Sour
- Mother Earth Brewing – Sisters of the Moon IPA
- Mad Anthony Brewing – IPA
- Flat 12 Bierwerks – Half Cycle IPA
- Fitger’s Brewhouse – Duluth Pale Ale, Superior Trail IPA
- Marble Brewing – IPA, From the Wood
- Oak Creek Brewing – Pale Ale, Snake Charmer American IPA
- Laughing Dog Brewing- Dogfather Imperial Stout
- Owl Canyon Brewing – Pumpkin Ale
- Dry Dock Brewing – Hop Abomination IPA
- Dads and Dudes Breweria – Dank IPA
- Knee Deep Brering – Simtra IPA
We had an excellent evening and hope to get Member Tickets for 2013! Stay tuned for GABF ink.