Dr. B and I woke up this morning to a beautiful sunrise and the excitement of IPA Day 2012. Below is a list of our favorite Double/Imperial IPAs, which, realistically cannot be enjoyed on one single day of the year. Enjoy the challenge of trying all of these beers before the next year’s IPA Day.
In no particular order…
1. Heady Topper, brewed by the Alchemist in Vermont (BA score of 100, 8% ABV, 120 IBU)
2. Pliny the Elder, brewed by Russian River in California (BA score of 100, 8%ABV, 100 IBU)
3. Mercenary, brewed by Odell’s in Colorado (BA score of 95, 9.3%ABV, 70IBU)
4. Deviant Dale’s, brewed by Oskar Blues in Colorado (BA score of 89, 8%ABV, 85 IBU)
5. 90 Minute, brewed by Dogfish Head in New Jersey (BA score of 94, 9%ABV, 90IBU)
6. Arctic Panzer Wolf, brewed by Three Floyd’s in Indiana (BA score of 93, 9%ABV, 100IBU)
7. Hopslam, brewed by Bell’s in Michigan (BA score of 99, 10%ABV, 70 IBU)
8. Hoptimus, brewed by New Albanian in Indiana (BA score of 83, 9%ABV, 100IBU)
9. Hercules, brewed by Great Divide in Colorado (BA score of 93, 10%ABV, 85IBU)
10. Unearthly, brewed by Southern Tier in New York (BA score of 92, 9.5%ABV, 153IBU)
I hope you enjoy finding and drinking these beers this next year as much as we enjoyed reminiscing on their deliciousness.
Have a great IPA Day and if there is an Imperial /Double IPA you think should make the list, tell us!